6.17.2008

Father's Day Outing

On Sunday we went up on the mountain and had a picnic/ potluck dinner with all of Hootie's family & my parents. It was a yummy meal, and it was so nice to really enjoy the outdoors & be with our families. We took the 4 wheelers up and went for a long ride. Hootie had to take some pictures for a Land Conservation project (or something like that), so we went all over the mountain & into some of the different canyons. Everything was so nice & mostly green, thanks to the rain this spring. It is pretty cool to have your own mountain, go around as you please and know you aren't trespassing.

I guess that's part cause of the craziness of us living here, but working in Salt Lake. In 15 minutes we can be on our own mountain riding horses, 4 wheeling, or snowmobiling whenever we please. We both love our jobs and hate the drive, but we are here to stay. For Hootie, the ranch will always come first, he'll never give it up, and I wouldn't want him to. He has an amazing work ethic because of the hard work a ranch requires and all that he has learned from is dad and both of his grandpa's.

We saw a few deer and we also took some cool pictures of some of their horses with their colt's. I think horses are amazing beautiful animals. You can look in their eyes and see if they are scared, wild, or if they trust you, it is pretty neat. Too bad I've been around them my whole life, & they still can scare the crap out of me.

There is also a pictures with the Roche family (I'm stuck in the front, looking awkward, cause I had to give my camera to the nice lady that took a pic for us), we went out to dinner for Doris' 80th birthday party. She didn't want a big shebang, she knows too many people with former students and such, and I think she was worried that it would be too much craziness for her. She is a great lady and so good to her family. I am grateful for all of Hootie's grandparents, it's nice having them around and feeling like I have grandparents since mine are gone. Hootie takes great care of all of them, but they all return the favor.

6 comments:

Christina P. said...

Looks like a fun weekend!! I love your new blog template thingy!! Super Cute!

Bingham Family said...

My Dusty says the same thing about his ranch and stuff. I love horses too. I never get to ride, kids go first. Sounds like a fun day. Sorry again about this weekend.:(

Malizia's said...

Looks like fun.. Laney loved the pics of the horses and the colts. She is getting used to the fact the horses don't just live in the zoo!

Cam and Mary said...

I am going to miss the beautiful mountains here when we move! Pretty pictures!

Lacy Ann :) said...

Hey Chrissi! How are you and Hootie doin? I miss you guys. We'll have to go golfin again when Ryan gets home!

The Reese's said...

cute pictures. do all that fun stuff while you don't have kids! no it's still fun with them but alot more work.