7.28.2009

Summer update

My excuse for not getting on my blog, or updating... I think seeing that ticker dwindle down FREAKS me out! It is sooooo close. How can I possibly be ready? Excited, yes; scared to death, YES; so excited to see Hootie be a daddy, you guessed it, YES!

We have been busy since I last updated.

Father's day came and went, without a peep from me. So Happy Father's day to my dad, I'm excited for him to have a grandchild. I think he's excited too, he's waited a long time. I am grateful for all he's done for me, for teaching me what is right, for always providing, & being a great support. Love you!
Next year, will be exciting, when Hootie really feels like he can take part in the day!

We had a fun summer party BBQ. It was a good chance to see & catch up with friends.
I am done with work & love it! I do get cabin fever, but it's pretty nice, not waking up at 2, 3, or 4 am to get ready & fly all day long! I know I will be seeing those early morning hours again very soon. I already do alot, I CAN'T SLEEP!

We have been trying to get in some playing time, and some one on one time. We've been to Lake Powell, and boating a few times this summer. We took a long detour on our way home from Powell to drive through Zion's N.P., it was beautiful. Our pictures of us make me laugh, we drove home in our swimsuits. We looked like White Trash Touring America, until I saw the guy who one-upped us. It was pretty comical.

I don't think I've turned Hootie down yet, for a day at the ranch with him. Even when those days have started at 4 am, and meant 8 hours of driving, shipping sheep or whatever. I'm trying to enjoy our last time as just us, and sometimes I get a little melancholy. I'm so excited for the upcoming changes in our life, but know it will be different, too.

We've been to a couple rodeos, and I definitely have to sport the flip flops, my feet are too fat and swollen to get into my boots. The day I tried, they were numb. NO BUENO!

I'll throw a few pictures on of what we've been up to.
I'll do some belly pics too, I have definitely grown. It was a slow start, but I feel like I've caught up. It doesn't help, that my child is already 6 pounds. I'm all baby & yep, she's gonna be a big one. We'll see if she waits around to her actual "Guess Date".

She moves around like crazy & I love it, I can't get enough of it! Although, I prefer her not residing in my ribs, especially when I have to drive Hoot's truck, a stick, and that's usually when she likes to hike up there. Hoot isn't as keen on feeling her kick, it kinda freaks him out. He thinks it would make him sick to his stomach to feel that on his insides. He didn't even like feeling her hiccups the one time she had them .

Her nursery is about ready. I still need to get her lots of stuff. But the crib & chest is set up, & bedding is here. And she has a darling little wicker rocking chair, Hoot brought home for her.
So excited to have a cute little girl in there.

Happy 4th anniversary tomorrow BABE! I LOVE YOU!





34 Weeks

33 weeks


32 weeks

31 weeks

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Finally an update.....

You still look AMAZING. and now it's the home stretch. You are so smart to spend all the time with Hootie you can! I know a lot of people think it's so different with a baby, but I disagree! You can totally do the same things...just with a little human packed along! Trey and I still go with TRevor a lot. (yes, even me...). Just bring lots of diapers and a boob! It works!

So excited to see the newest little Roche. When will you bless her? We'll have to be there for that! Will we see you at Layla's blessing? August 30? Also, Trevor will be coming down to Salina next Thursday. What are you doing? If you're not busy, maybe we'll come and be dropped off in Ttown.
Let me know!

Andrea said...

that was a really long comment. sorry!

: said...

Glad to see you update. Yu still look so good. Thanks for coming and seeing me, I needed some adult interaction! The nursery is way cute. Looks like you've been having fun! I'm jealous. See you Saturday!

Skinner Family said...

you are still so tiny. im sure you dont feel that way. ALMOST time!!!!!! im excited to see baby roche!