
So I just thought I'd post a good date night we had fairly recently, and the great view. We have lots of great friends that we go out with, but we don't go out alone too much.
I was suprised one morning as I was getting ready for work, Hootie said we should go to President Hinckley's viewing. I thought it was a great idea, I just didn't think he'd suggest it. So after work, we met Justin, Tiff, & their cute family at the conference center. We waited outside for quite a while, & inside even longer, as they took sections up for the viewing. When it was finally our turn, it went by so fast. It was neat to be in the viewing room, but not near enough time. I knew there would be heavy security there, but the security detail was amazing. I associated it with the President and his Secret Service. It was a neat & humbling experience. Afterwards, Hootie & I decided to walk through temple square. I wanted to go in the Tabernacle because I hadn't been there in years. I still love the building & can remember going there often as a little girl. It was overwhelming as a kid, it seemed so much smaller to both of us that night. We were lucky to go in when we did, the choir was practicing. It was so beautiful, they were rehearsing their selections for the funeral. With each song the director told them a story about President Hinckley, why they were singing a certain song, or why it had been a favorite of the Prophets. We were both so glad we went in that night. We decided to go to dinner at the Roof, but they had closed early, so we went next door to the Garden. I've gotten Hoot hooked on pickles, so he ordered the fried dill pickles, something I've only tried in Mississippi & Texas. He loved them, until he overdid it. We had a good dinner and the whole night was a special, memorable experience.



5 comments:
Hey you! I'm so glad that you found us. I've wondered what you were up to. This is such a fun way to stay in touch. I loved your pics--your wedding ones are beautiful! We also did Cancun for our honeymoon and loved it. We are trying Cozumel in April--I'm really excited but mad cause I'll be fat and pregnant (not the perfect beach combination) but oh well. Where do you guys live? Stay in touch! I'm gonna add you to my friend list if you don't care.
Krista
I'm glad you found us too. I will add you to our blog. I love seeing people I know and love seeing what is new. Thanks for the comment about Joe!!!
I am so jealous.. I wanted to go so bad, but didn't think Laney would last the waiting. I am glad you all had fun!
I miss you! It looks like you are always having fun!
Chrissi! How are you doing?! It looks like you two are staying busy and having a good time. Tyler just started blogging for us and I was able to find you and some other friends. I hope all is well, when you get a minute stop by a leave me a message I would love to hear from you. Carli
Post a Comment