3.15.2008

I Just Talk Funny

So all this week I've been flying in/out of Atlanta. I love flying the southern system. The destinations are great, the people are kind, the manners are good, and the kids are so cute & respectful with their yes ma'am, no ma'am, please and thank you's. It's the same way I was raised with my mom being from Mississippi. People on these flights don't look at me funny if I say y'all, they know what fixin' means, & cute little ladies don't take offense to me calling them ma'am. Something I get alot of no matter where I fly, but esecially out of SLC, is people asking me where I'm from. They say they can't place my accent.

The other night I was working a flight from Houston to Atlanta, two of my first class guys had a bet going if I was from Texas or Georgia. They were shocked when I told them they were both wrong, they were sure I was from the south. I gave them the standard, "I'm from Utah, but I have a southern mama, so I just talk funny". I think I just have a bad combination of Utah's hick accent & saying some other words different because of how I learned them, we lived in Texas when I was learning how to talk. I guess I'm a southern girl at heart. Hootie's sister's thought I was weird when we were dating, because of the way I say pajamas(pa-jaw-maas). I know this is kind of a lame post, but it's for my friends that used to make me repeat myself whenever I said penny & fixin'. Just to let y'all know, I still talk funny!

3 comments:

The Reese's said...

Hey Chrissi, I just found your blog. It's neat to read up about you and Hootie. Sounds like everything is good and your life is very fun. Can't wait to keep reading all that you get to do.

Pam said...

Chrissi! I loved this post, especially because I too couldn't understand why you said pajamas like you did in highschool. It sounded to funny to me:) Love the stories!

Randi said...

That's so funny! I still remember when you used to say 'tennis' and it sounded like 'tinnis'. I thought it was cute and unique and it still is!