7.12.2008

Bad Luck?

So Hoot & I have a new little pet. If you know us, you know we are more dog people. Till we have kids, we like to have fun with our dogs around. Sunday night I was in the house on the phone & Hootie called me outside to check out a new visitor. There was a tiny, maybe 4 weeks at the oldest, black kitten outside, rolling around playing in our sprinkler. What cat likes water? Apparently, this one. He was so friendly & lovable. He would just follow us around.

Of course, Hootie's dogs were pretty interested, Dash kept trying to pick up the kitten, I'm sure he thought he could get away and bury it. We had to go somewhere & figured the kitten would leave, when we came home he was still here & crying under our car. We thought maybe someone tried to get rid of him, we have a canal across the street.

Hoot said the kitten crossed the highway & he was worried it would get hit, then he started rolling around under the sprinklers, playing in the water. (Maybe he was just really disoriented). Hoot started calling him Evo. (Evo Kinevo, instead of Evil Kinevil). We'll see, the name will probably stick.

My mom brought food over for my kitten, but then I sent him home with her, because I had to be out of town working all week. I went to get him today. The sweet little kitten is hard to find-gone. Now I just have this playful, mean, sharp-clawed, little attack cat. He has a cute personality & a loud purr. So I didn't think I really wanted to have a cat around, but we may. Unless my mom wants to have him. I think Hootie really likes him, probably cause he found him, kind of. I'm sure my dog will hate him, till he gets bigger. He is all black, I had a black cat when I was little & I'm not superstitious, I don't think they are bad luck.








6 comments:

Christina P. said...

That is a way cute kitty!! I think you should keep it!!

Malizia's said...

I love it. It's so cute. I think it's a keeper!

Joell said...

I'm not a big fan of cats myself but I can see how you could fall in love with that one!

The Reese's said...

kittens are always cute but you have to remember that they get big and lazy. by then your attached and can't get rid of it. but i've always liked cats so i'd keep it if you can.

Bingham Family said...

Cute...I need a cat to take care of my mouse problem, but I don't really like them. I'm more of a dog person! That is a super cute kitten to bad it will get big.

Crystal Brough said...

I am not sure if you remember me from high school but I was blog hopping and found this post. I have to say I admire you and Hootie for holding off on having kids. I swear it is a rare thing coming from Utah. My husband and I feel so out of place because everyone around us our age have kids.
We are getting a kitten soon and this one is so cute, so this post caught my eye!
Anyways I just wanted to drop by and say hi!