So I know I haven't updated for a long time. We've just been super busy working... & playing. We've been trying to take advantage of what little warm weather may be left.
The fair was last week (most of you know that), and while it's fun when it comes around, it's kinda crazy, sad, & exciting too. I guess I 've always used it as a landmark in time of the year. Before my senior year; next year during the fair... I'll be graduated, four years ago; next year during the fair... I'll be married;this year... maybe next year during the fair I'll be pregnant. (That's the scariest thought so far, a huge change, not to mention how miserable & uncomfortable the bleachers at the rodeo and livestock auction will be, but I know it will be worth it.)
I know it sounds weird, but I've always just used fair time to realize how fast time passes by. It is sad to me because it seems like an official close to summer. I guess I picked up that mentality since school always starts the Monday after the fair. Anyway, the one thing we did take away from the fair is the Reserve Champion Steer, Hootie and his business partner Casey bought it. So even thought we still have lots of beef in our freezer from the steer we bought last year, it seems I'll have to make room for more.
Sounds like a good excuse to host another BBQ- we also have a crazy productive corn crop this year. Since I like to play hostess Hootie has talked about a Summer Harvest party, we'll see.
Baylee & Jaycee took off for Italy on Sunday... what a crazy, fun adventure they are sure to have. However, she is braver/ tougher than me for flying there at 34 weeks pregnant. She'll be giving birth to her first baby abroad. But I know she'll be a darling, amazing mommy. I definitely teared up telling her good bye, I think it was a combination of concern, missing them, and knowing she'll have a baby the next time I see her, reality hit. I can't believe how grown up all Hoot's sisters are. I've know Baylee since she was in atleast 6th grade. CRAZY!!
Anyway, I know I've kinda babbled, but sitting in a hotel room seemed like a good time to post. I have a ton of pictures I want to add next time I update. Depending on if we play this weekend, maybe even more pics.
Hope all is well for everyone, talk to ya later.
8.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
sounds like you are busy but having fun. i have those same feelings about the fair being the end of the summer. it's like it's all over.
I know I say this every time, but I miss you guys. Come see us. Love ya!
I always used the fair to keep time too. I think it is because school started the next Monday. Its amazing what I big deal it is to those of us who grew up there. It will always be full of memories!
You know I love the fair! I'm glad we ran into you guys...it was nice talking to you. I can't believe baylee is headed to Italy WOW!! I don't think I could do that! That would scare me to death!
I was sad we couldn't make it to the fair this year-being in Missouri! It's always a great time to catch up with people.
I can't believe how time has flown by either! Crazy! You should defiantly have a BBQ! Fun times! Bailey is really brave! I can't believe she is doing that! props to her!
Ok. SO. Truth be told. I had no idea what fair was till last summer. I'm hoping I learn to like it because looking at cows for what seems like 12 hours? Not appealing. Please rub off on me.
Post a Comment