So yeah it's a strange topic, but it's my blog, so I can put whatever I want.
WARNING- if you read this it might make you dumber, and you'll probably waste 2 minutes of your life. :)
So I've decided it's probably time to get rid of this thing I've had for over 8 years, strange as it is, I've kinda gotten used to it. The idea of navel piercings used to gross me out... I think it was the idea of people who shouldn't be sharing, flaunting it, that I envisioned.
But when I was 18, old enough to sign for it myself, I decided to do it. It was the day I was shopping for my Senior Hop dress. My mom was so annoyed because I got a little lightheaded and had to make a smoothie dash, she was bugged that I did it the day we needed to find a dress. She didn't tell me I couldn't do it because I was old enough to sign for myself, and oh by the way, at that time I had a pretty cute, hard stomach.
Anyway, I did it. A totally pierced up tattooed guy did it, which actually made me feel better, 'cause I figured he for sure knew what he was doing. It was also the first thing I kept hush hush from my dad.
Fast forward three weeks later, I had to get surgery. My lack of prior planning meant I didn't have a plug for it, and I didn't want it to grow in while I was in surgery, I hadn't taken it out. (You can't have any metal in/on your body.) Since it was still on the DL from my dad, the nurse came in and told my dad he had to leave the room- she said she needed to some shaving for surgery prep- (It was a hernia surgery & it was low, but not there, and she didn't really have to shave me), she had to use tweezer/ plier things to get the stud ring apart and out of me.
When I was in recovery the nurse and my mom came in. My mom took the ring out of her billfold, and the nurse tried to put it back in, I was still drugged on the anesthesia, and all I could think was "you need to lubricate it, dummy, try Neosporin" but I couldn't verbalize it, they didn't, & I had to get it repierced.
The second dude was some clean cut, UofU med student, I liked the rough lookin' guy better. He told me if it hurt I needed to tell him, because that would mean I already had scar tissue. To give you a visual he took a blunt needle & would try to work it in, and twist it in, to work it through the hole. Oh it hurt like hell, way worse than the first time, I definitely had scar tissue, but I wasn' t going to let him know it and be out the $40 from a month before. So I ended up with it redone.
And I've had it ever since. It was just something I personally wanted, didn't want to show to people, or wear things that made it visible. Unless you saw me in a swimsuit, you probably never saw it.
I remember in college some of my high school friends crashed at my place, and when they saw me changing, they were a little shocked. Just my own little personal vice, the tattoo thing was never for me.
I remember the day we finally told my dad, Ashley had hers done also. I'd probably had it for 3 years. It went something like "You have WHAT in your stomach?" and we both showed him our bellies. (Strength in numbers.) I'm quite sure he wanted to rip both of them out, right that minute. He was far from thrilled, but we pointed out that it wasn't permanent, we could get rid of them whenever we wanted.
So I guess now I've decided it's time to get rid of it. (And my stomach is far from being as in shape as it was in high school.) So there's my lame post attributed to a belly ring, but I felt like sharing.
Later.
9.10.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You crack me up. I like that you shared your belly ring story. I had one in high school for about a year. my parents didn't know either...oops.
ha ha nice story chrissi i didn't know any of that- i pierced mine in high school to but it hurt so bad a week later it was out! ha ha but anyways yes we have 2 toilets in each bathroom- a toilet and a baiday. It's what you clean your yea-whoo with. but our are brand new so i used it one day to soak my feet, ha ha sick i know but they have never been used. Baiday's aren't used very much anymore but yes we still got em' awesome huh! Tell hoot hi and your blog is way way cute.
hehehe, that is a pretty funny story. I'm pretty sure my dad would have ripped me and my sister's out no matter how many years it had been!
I did mine on my 18th b-day kelsey took me to do it she had already done hers i think she had a her tatoo by then too. Then when i went to fielding a few days later. My little sister jumped on my stomach and i screamed and my dad asked if i did the same stupid thing kelsey did..
The scare for being pregent and it stretching i took it out awhile before too. its so weird..
Ha ha ha I love this post! I remember the day we showed him as well. It was Easter. I still have a picture of both of us flashing our little rings. Mine also is on its way out. It's been out a few times for a few days but somehow always ends up coming back. Not much use for it anymore since the abs are gone. Damn 25th birthday.
Post a Comment